Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Brother's Burger

1:14pm - I haven't eaten lunch (or breakfast). I just finished a call to Brother's Burger in Meralco Ave and I had a Big Brother's Burger and Onion Rings delivered. Everything for P258.50. They said it's going to be 45-60 mins. They should've told me that before I ordered. Now all I need to do is wait.

1:42pm - It's here! They under promise and over deliver. That's good!

2:23pm - I just finished eating. Let me start the review with the Onion Rings. The quantity was all right. That's about the only good thing I can say about it. It was made of onions but it's like onions coated with fine gravel or very course sand. When I was halfway through the rings, I was already forcing myself to finish it.

Moving on to the burger. The 1/2 lb burger patty itself was all right. It tasted like a grilled... burger. Everything else was bad. I remembered tasting 1 slice of tomato. A small one. I think I remember a leaf of lettuce. It didn't taste it at all. It just got stuck between my teeth. The bread reminded me of eating a panini or unleavened bread. It's like the dough has not risen when the bun was taken out of the oven.


All in all, the experience didn't live up to my expectations but I don't want to bring them down too much. I did get to finish everything and I am full so that at least amounts to something.

No comments: